Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Office 2010 SP1 Error: There is no disk in the drive...

Ran into an erorr while installing Service Pack 1 for Office 2010. IT was giving me the following error: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddrisk1\DR1."

After trying this more times I still got the same error. Searching for this error I couldn't find a definite solution. Although many mentioned trying to unmap network drives and removing any removable media such as USB drives. Well I didn't have anything such thing used.

I did notice though after time that my printer had media card readers on it. I unplugged the USB Cord from the back of the printer. Re-tryed the SP1 install and it worked. So if you run across this issues I hope trying my solution works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it Clean.